Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Snakes


I hate 'em. In fact, I've had nightmares about them since I was a toddler. Anyway, the other day I was doing yard work. I went to the shed to get some insecticide and something moved and caught my eye. It was a giant snake skin. Now, you are thinking, "Rachel. Giant? Come now." Uh, yeah if 4 feet long is considered giant. Yes, yes it was. Anyway, I called Nick to see if he had picked it up on a walk and put it in there. Nope. FREAKED OUT. Needless to say, our "outside time" was done for the day. When Nick arrived home, he dispatched of it. Icky, icky, icky. I realize that at least it wasn't an actual snake and they are useful creatures with mice and rats. But bwahhhh. Icky, icky, icky. I hope our shed was just a temporary place to shed its skin and not a regular vacation destination. Icky icky icky.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I hate them too! I can't believe another snake incident..giant black rat snake climbing up a balcony...yuck!

JaredandJaclyn said...

I haven't checked your blog for a while. Your little guy is super cute. I hope you don't have any run-ins with real snakes. Good luck with that. We are having another girl!